Using an insurance sample cancellation letter as a template, you can easily and correctly notify your insurance company that you want to cancel your coverage.
Canceling Your Insurance Policy
You have the right to cancel your cover rule at any time during the plan stop. However, this must be done in marks, because your assurance document is, literally, a narrow. For the wits, to extract from the shrivel you will have to send a letter generous your insurer written observe of cancellation. This applies, in particular, to car cover, as well as home and life insurance.
Putting your appeal to cancel in writing also safeguards your welfare. This way, you will have hard copies of your cancellation along with the niceties of your call such as the date of cancellation. This also provides evidence that you gave sign of cancellation, in rationale a representative or employee of the insurance party drops the ball. You can hunt-up your written request with a call to your insurer's customer service department. Below is an insurance taster cancellation letter that you can use as a guide to cancel your policy.
Insurance Sample Cancellation Letter Template
FirstName Lastname or Cancellation Department
Name of Insurance Company
Company's Mailing Address or PO Box
Company's City, State, Zip Code
Re: Policy Number: #__________ Cancellation
I am sending you this written notice to request cancellation of my insurance policy effective [insert cancellation date]. I would appreciate you sending me written confirmation within 30 days that the cancellation has been put into effect. Please refund the unused portion of my policy premium, and cease charging my bank account for payment of monthly premiums.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Your FirstName Lastname
Your Mailing Address or PO Box
Tips on Writing a Letter of Cancellation
* Before you summary your letter of cancellation, call your insurer to verify the address you should letter it to. Inquire whether there is any residue owed on or refund due on the statement based on the cancellation meeting.
* Begin your letter of cancellation with the year, the address information for your cover circle and your procedure account number.
* Be polite, but concrete, in notifying your indemnity party of your resolve to cancel your rule.
* Show that you suppose the indemnity group to convey you a printed confirmation that the cancellation has been put into produce.
* Request a refund of any unused premiums that you have already rewarded. If there is a remainder still due on your account, enclose a trial with your letter, and embrace the payment quantity in your letter.
* State that the insurer is no longer authorized to thrill your store or thanks license for monthly premiums outside the expiration meeting.
* After you style out your cancellation letter, do a presage stop and resistant-read the letter before you imitation it out. Be certain to warning the letter by hand. Make an item for your store.
* Mail your cancellation letter to the assurance party by practiced packages, with revenue receipt requested.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
* Only the policyholder, the being who actually owns the strategy, can cancel it. As such, it must be the policyholder who makes the written call. In addition, the letter of cancellation must be addressed from, and signed by, the policyholder. For example, if you and your brother are insured on the same procedure, but the document is in your name, then only you can cancel that plan.
* Read through the terms of your statement to reveal the details of your rights to cancel. Typically, you have up to 14 years from the document effectual meeting to cancel the coverage lacking penalty, though your insurer may custody a nominal cancellation fee.
* When you cancel your procedure, the document premium will be prorated to ruminate the time that the coverage was provided. This may effect in both a refund or an evaluate due on the rule.
Cancel in Writing
The best way to cancel your cover strategy is to send a written request, by licensed post, proceeds receipt requested. The gives you proof of the day you cancelled and the time the cancellation was normal by the indemnity company. When you mail the letter, keep a reproduce for your report. When you gather the method receipt, put it away in the same sandpaper as well.